Wednesday 7 November 2012

The start of something beautiful...

Welcome to Live Beautiful Designs where living beautiful is what it's all about!  

This blog will mainly be about all things design, my business focuses on window coverings and interior design, but I'll be talking about things that I think make my world (and hopefully yours too) more beautiful.  I'll be writing about design trends, colour trends, talking about a specific style of window covering and even drapery.  But I'll also cover things like art, photography, fashion if something really strikes me as beautiful, because I believe it's about the beautiful moments, those things that make us stop and step out of our increasingly busy lives for just that moment.  Like today as I drove across the Lions Gate bridge.  I actually had to write it down because the words came to me, and now it's my comment on FB.  

"Clouds the colour of smudged charcoal shrouded the snow caped peaks of the North Shore as I crested the Lions Gate bridge, the ocean almost the same colour as the sky, as it cradled giant rust coloured cargo ships in the mists of November..."

And that's my moment for the day as I ran around doing errands it stuck with me - a picture would have been great, but not so smart when driving across a busy bridge!

S
o, creating a beautiful living space, in other words, turning your house into a home is one of the best ways to live beautifully.  It's not about the money, beauty is readily found in the details, in the right wall colour, or that gorgeous vase you found when you weren't looking for it (and bought it anyway).  It's finding a gorgeous photo on Pintrest and needing to save it, and then starting a blog and realizing you can now use some of those gorgeous images! Like the picture above, look at the little details, I always use a couple of glass shelves in the bathroom, it creates some drama and feels less like the utilitarian space that it is - and remember your bathroom doesn't have to be big for this to happen.

Anyway, think about one little thing in your day that makes it more beautiful tangible or not.  I'd love it if you shared it with me!  Photo's are always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment